Use this formative to review what you've learned!
- What is the purpose of the sensory organ on the noctuid moth’s thorax?
- What changes will occur if a population of noctuid moths is in an environment free of bats? What are the probable mechanisms are at work?
- Why does natural selection in this situation favor the moths without sensory organs?
- What would happen if this situation occurred in an alternate universe in which genetic drift did not occur?
- Does genetic drift encourage genetic variation? Does gene flow from only one population to another encourage genetic variation? Does gene flow between two populations encourage it?